Photo: Endeavour River, Cooktown, at sunset
Once again there has been a gap in posting because of an extended camping trip – this time, as the title suggests, to the north. In the last two weeks we have been to Chillagoe, Port Douglas, Cooktown, Cape Tribulation and the Daintree, spending two or three days at each. In passing we visited Mossman Gorge, the Reef, Granite Gorge near Mareeba, and a few other places of interest.
Most of these will get their own posts in coming days or weeks. I will link to them from this page which will become a hub for the series, like this page for a similar trip to Cobbold Gorge and Undara last year.
Follow these links for posts about …
- Granite Gorge near Mareeba
- Atherton Tablelands locations – Henrietta Creek, Mungalli Creek, MAMU skywalk, Halloran’s Hill (Atherton) and Abattoir Swamp
- The road to Cooktown – Rifle Creek, Lakeland, the Palmer River Roadhouse and the historic Lion’s Den pub, via the Mulligan Highway
- Cooktown itself and four locations nearby – Black Mountain, Keating’s Lagoon, Endeavour Falls and Isabella Falls
- Daintree River cruises – river views and wildlife (birds and a croc)
- Cape Tribulation and the Daintree
These other posts are incidental to the trip: