The new American movie Bag It has been garnering awards at film festivals across the nation. What started as a documentary about plastic bags evolved into a wholesale investigation into plastics and their effect on our waterways, oceans, and even our bodies. It will be in Townsville for the Sea Turtle Foundation’s Marine Debris Roadshow from September 28 to October 1.
Special guest Tim Silverwood, environmentalist, photographer and film-maker, will also be present and will be talking about the issues surrounding single-use disposables and showing some of his own footage from a recent trip to the Pacific Ocean Garbage Patch.
The Road Show itinerary is:
- Wednesday 28th: 5pm Lecture, JCU room 101 science and engineering building, JCU.
- Thursday 29th: 6pm Bag It (full length version) and Tim guest-speaking at xbase, Magnetic Island.
- Friday 30th: 1.00 – 2.30pm Bag It (the 45 min short version) and Tim guest-speaking in the Reef HQ Theatre.
- Friday 30th: 6pm Eco marine exhibition followed by Bag It and Tim guest-speaking, Court Theatre, Townsville city.
- Saturday 1st: 8.30-11am Creek clean up, national park boat ramp, South Townsville.
RSVP (preferred) and further event information: Rachel Amies at email@example.com or ph: 07 4721 2699 (this is the correct number – the number on the flyer is incorrect)
For more information about the movie and its background, go to http://www.bagitmovie.com/