Here are two sustainability events in our region on Sunday:
(1) Sustainable House Day at TCC’s Rowes Bay Sustainability Centre
Their invitation reads:
We would like you to join us in celebrating our beautiful environment and lifestyle for Sustainable House Day 2014
This year we are opening up the Rowes Bay Sustainability Centre to the community – with coral reefs at the front door and wetlands at the back, you can discover how small things can make not only a big difference to your house and garden, but also how your house and garden can make a big difference to our surrounding environments.
Where: Rowes Bay Sustainability Centre (56 Cape Pallarenda Rd, Rowes Bay)
When: Sunday 14th September (10am – 2pm)
Entry is free, so just come along and you can discover how:
• Our homes can behave like coral reefs;
• Some turf can save you 13 Sundays per year;
• A car can run on sunlight;
• You can have a safari park in your own backyard;
• You can choose 240 ways to save energy in the home;
• You can be the sheriff just by planting a tree;
• Residents of the wetlands can tell a story about their home;
• The sun can shine on your home at night.
And the first 100 people to bring in your old sprinkler can swap it for a brand new water efficient one.
(2) Sustainable Gardens Day on Magnetic Island
The “Sustainable House Day” on Sunday 14th September, part of the Magnetic Island Festival (5th Sept to 5th Oct) at www.whatsonmagneticisland.com.au, is in fact going to be a “Sustainable Gardens Day”.
- When: 10am to 3pm
- Visit this page to download a pdf with a full list of locations and the details.